Updated: Monday, October 19, 3:00 p.m. MDT
Life Care Center of Cheyenne is committed to providing a high level of service in a safe environment that brings peace of mind to our residents and their families.
From the beginning of the pandemic, our associates have followed all guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. We continue to work closely with the Wyoming Department of Health, the Agency for Health Care Administration and the Laramie County Department of Health as our associates battle COVID-19.
Here are the latest details from our facility:
- 17 resident cases: 11 active resident cases at the facility, 4 hospitalized and 2 deaths.
- 9 associates cases: All recovering at home.
- Sunday, October 11 – Two staff members tested positive for COVID-19 at outside clinics. We notified our patients immediately, as well as responsible parties. Four residents showed signs and symptoms of the virus, received a rapid test and tested positive. They are in our red COVID-19 unit receiving care and treatment.
- Monday, October 12 – All residents were tested; associates testing was started.
- Tuesday, October 13 – Associate testing completed.
- Wednesday, October 14 – Eight additional residents for a total of 12 positive cases. 11 of the residents are isolated in our red COVID-19 unit, and one is receiving care at the hospital. No additional associate cases.
- Thursday, October 15 – Four new residents tested positive and are on the COVID-19 unit, bringing the total of resident cases to 16. No new associate cases.
- Friday, October 16 – No additional resident cases with to residents hospitalized for further care. Sadly, one of our dear residents passed away early this morning from COVID-19 complications. We are deeply grieved to lose one of our Life Care residents who we consider our family, and we send our deepest heartfelt sympathy to this resident's family and loved ones. Four additional associates tested positive, bringing our associate total to six.
- Saturday, October 17 – Two staff members tested positive at outside clinics. No new resident cases. Two residents from our red COVID-19 unit went to the hospital for additional care and treatment.
- Sunday, October 18 – One associate tested positive at an outside clinic. No new resident cases.
- Monday, October 19 – One additional resident tested positive. One additional resident went to the local hospital for additional care. One resident died Sunday night; we extend our deepest sympathy to family and loved ones. All residents and staff are being tested today.
We commend our faithful staff, who are working their hearts out to fight this virus and prevent the spread. We continue to stay in regular communication with our patients' loved ones and continue to update with any change of conditions.
We are thankful for the support and prayers from the community during this difficult time.
Clint Scearce, executive director
COVID-19: Information and Inspiration from Life Care Centers of America
Explore the latest from Life Care Centers of America regarding the Coronavirus pandemic.